Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark.exe Crash starting UI

From: "Grace, Jim" <Jim.Grace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:08:43 -0400
Hi All,

My apologies, if this isn't the right forum to post this. I've uninstalled/re-installed all the Dev env components a few times now and have the same problem. I would appreciate any insight or suggestions anyone might have.

I've setup a WinXP SP2 env to build Wireshark, in preparation to make a ANSI C12.22/10 dissector. When I exec the C:\wireshark\wireshark-gtk2\wireshark.exe, I get the loading screen and just as it finishes (before starting the UI), I get the Wireshark has encountered a problem window and needs to close.

The OS Event - Application log shows, Faulting application wireshark.exe, version 0.99.7.0, faulting module wireshark.exe, version 0.99.7.0, fault address 0x000329b0. Visual Studio 2005 debugger shows the same point everytime I have tried to run it.

I have attached the complete log of build process from the verify_tool step to the build all. I've been through the Dev Guide wiki a number of times and verified everything at least a few times. The only exception in my env is that I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Pro with SP1, instead of Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim
Itron Inc.
4401 Bland Road