Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MIB parsing unnecessary

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:24:44 +0200
Hi,
It sounds really good, a few thoughts:

A "feature" of the current MIB parser is that it will print the
"resolved" part of an OID tree (name: 1.3.6.1.4.1.5825.3.2.1.2.6.1.1.1
(SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.5825.3.2.1.2.6.1.1.1)) which is lacking from
OID's added from ASN1 dissectors. I have found this useful on occasion.
It would be nice to keep this feature.

The tool to create the file must be part of the distro and run on all
Platforms as it's possible to add private MIB's today.

As the file becomes much smaller we can consider supplying more "MIB's"
With the package.
Regards
Anders