Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Query Regarding debugging

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:18:08 +0100
vaibhav.agarwal@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I want put some printf in c file, it is possible or not.
> because I have changed in packet_umts_fp.c, after changing the file  it
> gives error at the time of decoding.
> [Dissector bug, protocol FP: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: dissector accessed an
> invalid memory address]

If you are running under win32, run it under the VS debugger:

1.  Start WS.
2.  In VS, choose either Build | Start Debug | Attach To Process (VC 6) or
Tools | Attach To Process (VS2005) and select the WS process.
3.  Open your capture, when exception is hit, you will enter the VS debugger.
4.  When prompted, point VS at your source file location.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice
Software Developer