Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark launching problem

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:33:30 -0400
vaibhav.agarwal@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If I run that exe it gives error "This
Application has failed to start because libgtk-0.dll was not found.
You need to run Wireshark from a directory which contains the required DLL's.

After the build completes there should be a directory called 'wireshark-gtk2' under your top-level build directory. Switch to that directory and then run wireshark.

Please review and follow the instructions in the Wireshark Developer's guide Section 2.2 (if you haven't already been doing so). You'll have less problems ... :)
   http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/

   4. run C:\wireshark\wireshark-gtk2\wireshark.exe and check if it starts

    5. check Help/About if it shows your "private" program version, e.g.:
Version 0.99.4-myprotocol123 - you might run a release version previously installed!

Bill