Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libsmi license

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:43:37 +1000
Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
> there's a win/ directory in the distribution and it looks that it's
> been compiled already. I'll look for a binary or we might be able to
> buid one ourselves, I have no windows box on weekends (infact they are
> supposed to be for relax :-) so I'll try to compile it on monday if I
> have the time.

I've been compiling libsmi natively on Windows for a couple of years
with MSVC6 and MSVC7. The only bit that causes any grief is
tools/dump-svg-script.c

The makefiles generate smi.lib but no DLLs. IIRC Juergen builds the
Windows version he and Frank make available by cross compiling on Linux.

And has been noted elsewhere in this thread, I've been suggesting this
move for a couple of years.

As a libsmi contributor, albeit minor, I've never had any issues with
the license.

                -- Dr. Who