Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libsmi license

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:35:22 +0200
there's a win/ directory in the distribution and it looks that it's
been compiled already. I'll look for a binary or we might be able to
buid one ourselves, I have no windows box on weekends (infact they are
supposed to be for relax :-) so I'll try to compile it on monday if I
have the time.

On the license front http://www.gxsnmp.org/ uses it and they are GPLd as well.

Bellow the intro of the README.win file in the win/ directory of the
distribution.

LIBSMI NOTES FOR NATIVE WIN32 SUPPORT
=====================================

@(#) $Id: README.win 1471 2002-11-13 19:22:15Z schoenw $

This directory contains some help to compile the libsmi and associated
tools on a Win32 platform (Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT) with the native
Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. The makefile has been tested with VC++
6.0, but later versions should work very well too.

An alternative GNUmakefile can be used with GNU make program.  You
will need the GNU make "gmake.exe" for Win32 platform.

There is a separate file README.mingw which explains how the libsmi
package can be compiled on Win32 platforms using the mingw version
of gcc.