Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] [Fwd: [IANA #97281] Legal problems including the IANA PORT NUMBE

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 03:08:01 +0200
Hi List!

I got the following answer from the IANA, looks like we can use the assigned numbers file from them.

To be able to use this file as an /etc/services replacement, I'll add a small explanation with the URL and alike (as requested by IANA), and use the # char to comment out the existing header / footer sections - probably tomorrow.

We might also add IANA to our authors file "gave permission" section.

Regards, ULFL

Dear Ulf,

You have permission to use material from the IANA web site provided
you follow our standard conditions:

1. You state that the material is subject to copyright and being
used with IANA's permission;

2. You do not edit or selectively quote the material to make it
false or misleading;

3. You provide the URL so that users can find out the complete
context if they choose; and

4. You do not imply that you or your publication or program is
sponsored or endorsed by IANA.

Best regards,

Amanda Baber
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)