Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TCP Reassembler

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:07:44 +0100
Reply from original poster attached.
--- Begin Message ---
From: Michael Ngo <mn17962@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
Richard

I looked over the capture one more time, and I don't
think the reassembler itself is buggy, but the way
packets are examined. To be more specific, when I was
reassembling the packets, it reached the frame with
the lost-segment/out-of-order packet. When it reached
this packet, which was out of sequence (based on tcp
sequence numbers), my dissector read the wrong bytes
thus leading to the wrong length. So basically if the
initial run through the packets, went in order by
sequence number and not by frame number, the
reassembler would have picked up the out-of-order
packet later and reassemble it correctly. Sorry, for
any confusion.

Mike Ngo

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/