Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Error.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:34:52 -0700
vaibhav.agarwal@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I making the build of code 0.99.6 release, but during building this error
comes:-

        bison  -d -p ascend ascend-grammar.y -o ascend-grammar.c
bison: cannot open file `/usr/share/bison/m4sugar/m4sugar.m4': No such file
or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'bison' : return code '0x100'
Stop.

Please how to solve it.

It sounds as if Bison isn't properly installed on your system, as one of its files is missing. If so, the way to solve it is to arrange that it be correctly installed; unfortunately, I don't know how it got mis-installed, so I don't know how fix the installation.