Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Logo/Icons

From: "Stratemeier, Frank" <FStratemeier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:52:42 +0200
My humble opinion:

> Making the fin blue is an option though, and the result would look
like so:

>http://wayofthemonkey.com/wireshark-blue.png

That's better than the other one.

>The TM'd image, and the current icon, I think are a bit over-simplified
for an application icon/logo on modern operating systems.

This sounds like someone who is using Vista too much ;)
I think the easy to recognize and simple icon as it is now is just fine!
It has a different colour, easy to spot, so it makes it special.

Your version makes the icon very similar to the many folder icons like
the ones from MS.
If WS would be treated like a (network-)folder I would agree to your
design. But that's not the case and users would think it is.

Nevertheless, I think you are doing a good job and keep on rocking ;)!

Frank