Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display Filter Macros of currently selected packet fields?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:01:02 +0200
Luis EG Ontanon schrieb:
Committed revision 22427.

When a packet is selected, it creates a cache (hash table) of all the
usable fields (FT_NONE and FT_PROTO are not, some of those had no
value and crashed so I just avoided them)  marking duplicates as
unusable,  if a (user defined) macro name is not found it looks for it
in the cache.
Won't this cache *significantly* slow down "Update of packet list in real time"?

It will newly select packets all the time while new packets are rushing in and the list is scrolling down, or do I miss something here?

Regards, ULFL