Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Registering ICMP dissector

From: Michael Rogovin <michael.rogovin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:33:38 +0300
Great, thanks a lot!

Jeff Morriss wrote:
Michael Rogovin wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to request to register the icmp dissector in the future versions, by adding
 register_dissector("icmp", dissect_icmp, proto_icmp);
in the proto_register_icmp.

I rely on this dissector in my plugin. Could we add it to the next version?

Sure, why not. Added (along with a similar change so the ICMPv6 dissector is registered by name) in rev 22422.