Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch process changes

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:52:19 -0700
Mike Duigou wrote:
> Gerald Combs wrote:
>> We've had a problem with patches sent to wireshark-dev being missed and
>> ignored for a while now. In order to try to keep this from happening, we
>> now have new patch submission guidelines: instead of sending them to the
>> list, they should be sent to Bugzilla and marked for review.
>
> I don't see a Keyword or status whiteboard field on the bug form. How
> should issues with patches be marked for review?

On the attachment details page for the patch, the "review_for_checkin"
flag should be set to "?".

BTW, we previously requested that patches be compressed in order to get
around MUAs mangling whitespace. We now request that they be
_un_compressed, because Bugzilla expects attachments with the "patch"
box checked to be text/plain.