Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Toolbar icon sizes on Windows too small?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:22:37 +0200
> Just out of curiosity, i noticed the size of toolbar icons in the Windows
> version is rather small.
> They look prettier under Linux.
> I talk about the size the icon takes up inside the toolbar button. The
> button itself is rather big, so there is much empty space around it.
> Obviously, this is a matter of taste, but i remember the buttons looked
> better back sometimes in old Ethereal days. Is this a pure GTK/Wimp issue or
> is there anything that can be done about it?

I know what you mean, and IIRC it's a bug in GTK/Wimp. This is caused by some toolbar buttons are toggle buttons (e.g. Colorize Packet List), which seems to be not well supported / not often used.

I've filed a GTK bug report at their bugzilla (sorry, number not at hand), but there seems to be no bugfix till today.

Regards, ULFL
Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate