Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New Dissector for CMPP

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:00:48 -0400

Andy Chu wrote:
Hi dev,

The attachment is a plugin for China Mobile Point to Point (cmpp)
protocol, it's the SMS protocol used in China. I have test it on Mac
OS X and Fedora Core 5.

Sorry for the delay in reviewing your code.  A few comments:

- Would you mind converting this to a regular dissector (in epan/dissectors/) instead of a plugin? I, personally, am not a big fan of plugins.

- Here:

                        /* CMPP_TERMINATE and CMPP_TERMINATE_RESP don't have msg body */
                        case 0x00000002:
                                break;
                        case 0x80000002:
                                break;

you've got #defines for these numbers, why not use them (it'll make it more readable)?

Do you have a sample capture you can share (better yet, put it on the Wiki) for fuzz testing? Could you write up a page on the Wiki describing the protocol? Is there some info you can put in the top of the file as to where the protocol is defined?