Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] README.packaging is missing

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:30:38 +0100
Maynard, Chris wrote:
> Graham,
>
> Hmm, if you browse to the releases folder from the link you sent, it
> does seem that there is a subversion revision associated with each
> release after all.  For example, wireshark-0.99.5 appears to be
> synonymous with subversion revision 21263.  So once 0.99.6 is available
> in the same releases folder, it too should have an associated subversion
> revision and I (and other developers) could use that revision as our
> starting points instead of using the posted sources from
> http://www.wireshark.org/download/src/wireshark-0.99.6.tar.gz.

Chris,

I was trying to point out that you don't need the revision number, you can
just check out the release branch you want by URL e.g.

svn co http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/releases/wireshark-0.99.6
wireshark-0.99.6

Of course another way to do this, as you have probably been doing, is to check
out the trunk and then update to the revision you want.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice