Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] README.packaging is missing

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:43:46 -0400
The reason I use the release sources is because presumably they are a
working set of files, free from any possible intermediate subversion
check-in bugs or code inconsistencies.  I suppose if the releases
(0.99.6, ...) also carried with them an associated subversion revision,
then I could checkout the corresponding subversion revision instead of
using the posted release sources, but I am unaware of any such
association.  For my own sanity then, I only use the posted release
sources so I have a known starting point from which to make my own
internal releases of Wireshark containing our company's proprietary
protocols.

So, if it's your recommendation to use the subversion sources rather
than posted sources, can the next 0.99.7 release also include the
associated subversion revision?

- Chris

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the
recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message. Also, email is susceptible to data
corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and
viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are
not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering,
amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.