Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Win32: remove binary zlib.dll completely and compile it for all

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:48:23 +0200
Hi List!

After I repeatedly stumbled over not having the right form of the zlib.dll on my computer (MSVC6: binary dll, all other MSVC: compile it yourself from sources) and the setup target only downloads one of them, it makes me think to drop the binary dll stuff completely and only use the sources to compile it for all MSVC variants.

The only disadvantage I see is that MSVC 6 will have to compile itself, which needs a little time. But as it's only 6 files or so, it's not that much of a problem really and Gerald already thinks about switching to 2005EE anyway.

Changing this will ease up the Makefile.nmake files and remove problems if you often switch between these compiler variants - which at least I do from time to time.

Any objections against this?

Regards, ULFL