Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 4.0.1 has been released

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:53:14 -0700
As of today, WinPcap 4.0.1 is available in the download section of the
WinPcap website, http://www.winpcap.org/install/ .

This maintenance release addresses a security vulnerability reported by the iDefense Labs. Full details can be found in the change log attached at the end of this message.
Gianluca Varenni
WinPcap Team

Changelog from WinPcap 4.0

- Bug fixing:
 * Fixed a bug in the dispatcher of the BIOCGSTATS IOCTL that caused
   a BSOD if the parameters passed from user level were invalid. This
fix addresses a security vulnerability reported by the iDefense Labs. * Fixed a bug in the routine installing NetMon. A request to reboot was not caught properly, resulting in an installation error message. * Minor fixes to remove several PFD (PreFAST for Drivers) warnings. * Added a missing check for the Mdl in the write dispatcher routine.

=========