Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] File:Import?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:02:00 -0700

On May 29, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Maynard, Chris wrote:

Today someone sent me a text file of a Wireshark packet capture session that was created using Wireshark's File:Export facility. Unfortunately, he did not keep the original capture file. I know there's currently no "File:Import" capability in Wireshark, but I was wondering if anyone has
considered adding it.  I realize that if "File:Import" is to work that
the exported file would have to include "all packet bytes",

Perhaps the name of that facility should be changed, if "Export" implies that an "Import" can be done. The only "Export" format for which an "Import" could reasonably be considered would be "as "Plain Text" file", and then, as noted, only if the raw bytes of the packet data were present.