Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] trouble w/ tshark static build on linux

Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:31:28 -0700
Hi,
Yes, I do have glib-devel installed.

Thanks,
Barry

At 09:49 PM 5/28/2007, Jeff Morriss wrote:

Barry Gould wrote:
Hi,
I've successfully statically built tethereal before on linux, but
when I tried with tshark/wireshark 0.99.5, I keep getting errors like this:
can't find -lgmodule
I've tried
--enable-static --disable-wireshark --enable-tshark --disable-gtk2
and lots of other options to configure, with no success.
(configure seems to work OK, but make fails.)
I just want to get a static build of tshark.
This is on Fedora Core 6; I also tried on RHEL4.
I do have glib and gtk and gmodule, etc.

Do you have the development version of glib (glib-devel) installed? Typically static libraries are only in the development RPMs.