Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] File:Import?

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:26:19 -0400
Today someone sent me a text file of a Wireshark packet capture session
that was created using Wireshark's File:Export facility.  Unfortunately,
he did not keep the original capture file.  I know there's currently no
"File:Import" capability in Wireshark, but I was wondering if anyone has
considered adding it.  I realize that if "File:Import" is to work that
the exported file would have to include "all packet bytes", but assuming
that's the case, I would think that it would be possible to Import it,
at least for some of the supported Export types, if not all of them?  Is
this feature worthy of the "Wish List"?  Would anyone object if I add
it?  Or has someone already added it and I just need to wait for 0.99.6?
:-)

TIA,
Chris

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the
recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message. Also, email is susceptible to data
corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and
viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are
not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering,
amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.