Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] patch for new encapsulation protocol FCoE - FibreChannel ove

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:41:06 +0200
Committed revision 21967.
An entry on the wiki protocol pages http://wiki.wireshark.org/ would be nice
+ a sample trace.
Thanks
Anders

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Joe Eykholt
Skickat: den 24 maj 2007 04:02
Till: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [Wireshark-dev] patch for new encapsulation protocol FCoE -
FibreChannel over Ethernet

Hello,

Attached is a patch file and a new dissector for FCoE.   This protocol
is described at http://fcoe.com and has been submitted to T11. It is an
encapsulation protocol that can be used to transport FC frames over raw
Ethernet when the link is loss-free due to pause.  The Ethertype 0x8906
has been reserved through IEEE for this protocol.

I based this dissector on the one for FCIP.  I will send a sample
capture file in a day or two if that will help.

Feel free to follow up with questions and let me know how I can help get
this integrated.

     Thanks,
     Joe Eykholt,

     Nuova Systems, Inc.