Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] support for 802.16 protocol

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 10:55:10 -0700
Cruz Petagay wrote:

Is someone working on a protocol dissector for 802.16?

Apparently, Intel were. Their work has now been checked into the Wireshark code base, as a plugin; see the current version checked into Subversion, or the most recent of the tarballs of the buildbot builds from

	http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/src/

They don't have support for files with the DLT_IEEE802_16_MAC_CPS link-layer type. The way to handle that might be to take most of the code in the loop in dissect_wimax_pdu_decoder() and turn it into a decoder for a single PDU, and use that for each packet.