Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] UNISTIM plugin

From: "Newton, Don" <dnewton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:26:18 -0400

I recently downloaded the pdf from Nortel that describes UNISTIN pretty thoroughly and I am probably 30% done fleshing out a plugin dissector (it’s a very chatting protocol).  I would like to contribute but don’t want to open a legal can of worms.  The protocol description was easy to find on the Nortel Helmsman documentation server so I don’t see a problem with writing the plugin for my use, but turning it over is different.  Has anyone approached Nortel on this?  If you search unistim / ethereal you can find a lot of people that have asked if one is available.

Don Newton

Tier III Support Manager

Cypress Communications

Office 404.442.0060 Cell:770.548.8984