Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] problems building in win32 environment

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:35:39 +0200

> Be aware that if you use VS2005 for Wireshark, you must also recompile
> the adns_dll.dll due to CRT issues.  The older VS project in adns has to
> be converted to the new format.

When I changed the build process to work with MSVC2005 I didn't had any problems with adns and VS2005, so I didn't added something like this to the build process  :-)

> Should we fix the win32 makefiles to do something about this in a
> similar manner to zlb?

Yes, if one has problems with it, others might get into problems as well. Having a clean solution which always works would be my choice ;-)

BTW: the zlib should be build from source even for MSVC6, so the Makefiles would be easier to understand and maintain IMO.

Unfortunately, I currently don't have the time to change all this :-(

Regards, ULFL