Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to get my dissector called?

From: "Kevin Jones" <kcsjones@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:37:50 -0400
Hi,

What about a dissector gets it called when Wireshark is looking to disect a packet. I'm writing a dissector for a protocol on top of the ethernet layer. Right now I'm using the example in the developers guide just to see if I can get the program to call the example... but it doesn't seem to even when all of the other protocols (except Ethernet) are disabled. It is a pretty simple protocal that runs at layer 3 over ethernet II, so I think it'd be pretty easy to implement... Let me know if more info is needed or if you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin