Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] simple_dialog not truly modal in win32

From: Greg Bell <greg_bell_12@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'm working with the simple_dialog (gtk\simple_dialog.c) and even though it is defined as being modal,

gtk_window_set_modal(GTK_WINDOW(win), TRUE);
in display_simple_dialog(...)

the calling code path continues execution after the dialog opens, without waiting for the user to close the dialog. For example, if I have the following code in some location:

simple_dialog(ESD_TYPE_ERROR, ESD_BTN_OK, "this is my dialog", "");
printf("should be printed after the above dialog closes");

the printf will be executed right after the dialog opens, it does not wait for the user to click OK (note, the dialog itself is modal, but the issue is that its not blocking or halting code execution). Why is this? I'm working on a win32 environment, does it happen on other environments as well (I'm assuming not)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.