Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 buildslave failure

From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:19:54 -0400
Gerald Coombs wrote:
> This appears to be the case.  When I ran the test script by hand, the
> "Wireshark capture 10 packets" test popped up the following error (from
> capture_loop.c):
>
>   The capture buffer size of 1MB seems to be too high for your machine,
>   the default of 1MB will be used.
>
>   Nonetheless, the capture is started.
>
> I rebooted, and now there are no errors (when run by hand, at least).

Gerald: Thanks: I might never have figured that out ....

(This probably also explains why this problem mysteriously fixed itsel once
before).

What's also interesting is that the last build took much less time than the
previous builds. (The compile step took just 30 mins or so instead of
hours!).

Are there other things running on that node or is this a case of "Windows
strikes again !!" :)

Bill