Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 buildslave failure

From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:12:02 -0400

> No that's simply a bug introduced into the GTK/GDK code of WS by someone.
>
> The buidlbot test fails with:
>
> --------------
>
> (wireshark.exe:2228): Gtk-WARNING **: unable to find signal handler for object(GtkEntry:02A251F8) with func(00000000) and data(02978E78)
>
> (wireshark.exe:2228): Gtk-WARNING **: unable to find signal handler for object(GtkEntry:02A251F8) with func(00000000) and data(02978E78)
>
> (wireshark.exe:2228): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed
>
> (wireshark.exe:2228): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed
>
> --------------
>
> These Warnings/Criticals didn't appeared in former WS versions and AFAIK
> the test weren't changed recently.

My belief is that this is not a bug in GTK/GDK but rather an attempt by
wireshark to output an error message (pop up window ?) during one of the unit
tests. Wireshark is being run from a shell command line for the unit tests
and maybe this test setup doesn't quite work well for the gui.

What I do know is that, in the past, once I've been able to figure out and
fix why the test itself is failing, the Gtk warning messages no longer
happen.

I think the specific problem has to do with wireshark somehow not capturing
all the messages it is supposed to get before a timeout period expires.

I've seen this exact same problem a while back and am not altogether sure why
it happens. I'll have another look at it.

Bill