Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] sniffing a device with wireshark on linux

From: Paolo Abeni <paolo.abeni@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 17:37:27 +0200
On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 00:12 -0400, marty wrote:
> I'm getting lots of "packets truncated" in the usb protocol...
> I thought with the binary protcol
> it doesn't have that problem...

I suppose there are still some issue in the wireshark USB dissector.
Posting a relevant pcap trace will help :-)

> Also I put it into strace -- if we're sniffing usb2 -- why are we opening usbmon1-4?

All the available usbmon device are opened during interface enumeration;
calling 'pcap_findalldevs' produce this behavior.

ciao,

Paolo

 Sponsor:
 Vuoi fare business con la Cina? Videocorso pratico con utili suggerimenti per chi vuole fare import-export con la Cina
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6201&d=5-5