Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Calling other dissectors and returning

From: "Kevin A. Noll" <spamknoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:07:22 -0400

I am trying to finish writing additional decode details for the WLCCP
dissector. In places, though, the WLCCP protocol carries other protocol data
that I'd like to decode, but not re-write the code.

I know I can call other dissectors, but it's not apparent to me (an amateur)
how or if they return to the original dissector, which is what I would need
to do. For example, WLCCP can embed EAPOL messages as follows:

1. Generic WLCCP Headers
2. WLCCP Message-Type Specific Headers
2a. Embedded EAPOL
3. More WLCCP Message-Type Specific Data 4. Possibly some variable TLV
information

I need to be able to call the external EAPOL dissector and return to the
WLCCP dissector to finish dissecting the WLCCP headers and TLVs.

I would be much obliged if someone could give me a pointer on how to do this
and/or to a dissector that does something similar.

Thanks!

--kan--
--
Kevin A. Noll, KD4WOZ