Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 0.99.5 "make rpm-package" problemsonRHEL3

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:22:31 -0400
Right.  I run a buildrpm.sh script that essentially encapsulates the
following:

../autogen.sh
../conf.sh
make clean
make rpm-package

The conf.sh script is attached.  It disables almost everything
(including gtk2), again as I'm primarily only interested in tshark for
this particular rpm.  I attached the output of the configuration in a
prior post, but that is attached again here as well.  Anyway, I still
get the "undefined reference" failure, so my feeling is that this
function is incorrectly being used in all cases and not taking into
account whether gtk2 is actually enabled or not.  But even if it is
enabled, shouldn't there be a check somewhere for 2.4 or greater?
Regardless, for my purposes, I'd be happy to get it working with gtk1
only, but as I said, it still fails with the same error.

Regards,
Chris
P.S. In case the conf.sh script gets mangled in transit for some reason,
here's the basic contents:

../configure --disable-gtk2 --enable-wireshark=no --enable-tshark=yes
--enable-editcap=yes --enable-dumpcap=yes --enable-capinfos=no
--enable-mergecap=yes --enable-text2pcap=no --enable-idl2wrs=no
--enable-dftest=no --enable-randpkt=no --enable-ipv6=no
--enable-threads=no --without-ssl --without-net-snmp --without-adns
--without-lua --without-portaudio --without-pcre --without-krb5