Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Missing msvcr80.dll

From: "Ronaldo Tomazeli Duarte" <ronaldo.tomazeli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:24:10 -0300
Hi list,

I have some trouble running a version that I compiled of Wireshark:

- compiled on XP SP2, using Visual Studio 2005 Express.
- after compiling, I copied the Wireshark.exe from the build folder to the Program Files\Wireshark folder.
- when I try to launch it, Windows warns me about the missing msvcr80.dll.

I did a little research on the list about this issue, and all I could get is that I would need to download the Visual C++ 2005 redistributables if I am trying to run Wireshark on a machine without Visual Studio installed. The fact is that I'm trying to run it in my development machine. Anyhow, I installed the redistributables and had no success also. Any clues of what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ronaldo

BTW: the .exe I compiled is approximately half the size of the .exe copied by the Wireshark installer. Is the latter one statically linked to the runtime?