Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Discrepancies between summary view and details view - rpc dissec

From: "Bryan Miller" <millerb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:17:13 -0600
Hello all,

I am developing an RPC based dissector and I am getting odd results when I run
it.

It correctly identifies the protocol (based on RPC program and procedure
numbers) for a couple of frames and then begins to display another RPC
protocol (different program number, same procedure number).  Interestingly,
the information displayed below in the details window displays the correct RPC
protocol whilst the summary window does not.

My dissector uses packet-rpc and, at this point, I am not manually updating
the summary or tree view contents.  I am simply letting packet-rpc do the
heavy lifting of creating the display information.

Any thoughts on where things may be going wrong?  I'm ready to begin a liberal
sprinkling of g_print() statements in packet-rpc to see what is happening.

Cheers,
Bryan