Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Capturing/dissecting and decoding OpenVPN traffic

From: Bill Fassler <bill.fassler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
ATTN: Joerg Mayer  et al:

My last email on this subject apparently got lost in moderator land due to its size.  So I shortened the capture and am trying again.  Here is a sample of VPN traffic thru the tunnel in an unencrypted state (I.E. cypher key = NULL).

I believe I can also send a capture thru the tunnel when it IS encrypted and provide the key, but only if someone in the wireshark development team is willing to write or assist in writing the dissector for OpenVPN.

Bill

Bored stiff? Loosen up...