Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot compile flags

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 03:30:16 +0100
Stephen Fisher wrote:
The Unix(/Mac) buildbots are failing with warnings turned errors (-Werror) caused by the --with-extra-gcc-checks option to configure (adds things like -pedantic).

Do we need the buildbots to compile with these extra warnings? I'm not enabling them when fixing warnings and turning on -Werror, so it's breaking unexpectedly. An example of one of the new warnings is:

ber.c:70: warning: ISO C90 does not support the `ll' printf length modifier
Well, as I've mentioned before, temporarily lowering the warning level might be a way to get things done.

Having the buildbot red for a long time is not an option IMHO.

But of course you should raise the warning level again, once these warnings are fixed (which should be done in the foreseeable future) ...

Regards, ULFL