Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding building Ethereal in MSVC 8.0 .....

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:20:52 +0100
Manjunath P wrote:
Hi All,
         I am a newbie to Ethereal and am working to build a pugin.
I hv  few  simple queries ....
1) As per the Project requirements, I hv to use MSVC 8.0 and nothing else. Is it possible to compile and build Ethereal using MSVC 8.0??? Has anyone tried this??
  I hv read in the DEV's guide not to beyond MSVC 6...
2) The current site for downloading pre-compiled packages ( http://anonsvn.ethereal.com/ethereal-win32-libs/trunk ) is not accessible. The IP 65.208.228.225 is not pingable. So, this means i) Do I need to download all the packages like GTK+, Glib etc individually to build Ethereal?? ii) Is there any other web site from which I can download the packages?
Hmmm, as you've found this mailing list, don't ask about Ethereal here.

See the developer's guide on www.wireshark.org and start all over again to build Wireshark on MSVC 8.0 ...

Regards, ULFL