Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Prevent compiler warnings by using "stop on warnings"/"treat

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:57:12 -0700

On Mar 20, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

Of course, this assumes that all the C compilers we use accept - Werror.

I doubt that they do (and they definitely don't, if by "we" you mean "everybody who compiles Wireshark" - it's been compiled with Sun C, HP's ANSI C compiler for HP-UX, and IBM's XLC compiler, among others).

We may need to wrap this within compiler specific commands in the
automake files.

Or do it in the config file - look for "-W" in the top-level configure.in and the Wiretap configure.in.