Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Prevent compiler warnings by using "stop on warnings"/"treat

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 04:30:58 +0100
Jeff Morriss wrote:
Actually GCC already has a way to avoid this: "-Wno-pointer-sign".

Apparently:

someone didn't like the fact that Linux had a few thousand such warnings when compiled with GCC 4.

We could add that and probably cut down the number of GCC warnings by, well, a few thousand.

Unfortunately I can't quite seem to figure out how to (correctly) test if GCC will accept the option, though. Any ideas?
Well, you can disable almost any gcc warning, but that is not the point.

It's about *fixing* warnings, not *ignoring* them :-)

Regards, ULFL