Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Data from previous protocol

From: "ali alkhalidi" <alikhalidilug@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 02:37:05 +0200
btw,

would the same ip tvb buffer be available in AH, or should I make a
raw copy of the header in IP and attach it to private_data?

if I store only the pointer from tvb_get_ptr in IP, I wouldn't use
tvb_get_guint8 in AH to fetch it right? i would just memcpy it? or I
can use the tvb_get_guint8?

thanks,

On 3/11/07, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ali alkhalidi wrote:
> will try this, and BTW, would the data fetched with tvb_get_ptr,
> inside the ip dissector return the header information in network byte
> order?

It would return a pointer to the raw data, which means that, as the
header would be an IPv4 or IPv6 header, the fields would be in network
byte order.