Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Query on status of patches

From: "Charles Lepple" <clepple@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:20:34 -0400
On 3/11/07, Sebastien Tandel <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   I however don't think that's a reason to reject the idea of a patch
tracker system. I think there are some advantages, and for both sides
without imposing mandatory responsibilities for anyone :

I don't know the specifics of the Wireshark bugzilla implementation,
but where I work, we have things set up so that the "default
maintainer" gets a reminder email if a given issue has not been
assigned to somebody after about a week.

IMHO, if a patch takes longer to apply and test than it would take to
write a reasonable email reply, it should go into a tracking system. I
am sure that opinions vary, but I would prefer a full list of bugs in
a tracker versus an inbox full of unread emails any day.

--
- Charles Lepple