Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Data from pervious protocol

From: "ali alkhalidi" <alikhalidilug@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:59:17 +0200
sorry, for splitting the thread.
In my particular case I'm interested in only IPv4 header information.

you said In particular it is possible, but the code snippet I pasted
does not show a progress in this direction; how can I get the header
of IPv4 in TCP for example?

	if(tree){
	fprintf(stderr,"%d\n",tree->finfo->start);
	firstbyte=tvb_get_guint8(tree->finfo->ds_tvb,tree->finfo->start);
       }

thanks again,

On 3/11/07, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ali alkhalidi wrote:

> I've been fighting this for a while now, but:
>
> is it possible to get the previous dissector protocol header
> information

In general, no.

In particular, yes, for some information.

> like for example, if I'm in TCP can I get the IP header
> information?!

Note that "IP" doesn't necessarily mean IPv4, as TCP runs over IPv6 as
well.  What information are you trying to get?