Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] trunk/gtk/wireshark-tap-register.c:18 undefined reference to

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 14:57:19 +0100
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 01:31:08PM -0800, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> That function call to register_tap_listener_gtk_cl_http_stat() went away
> a few revs back when the feature I've been working on moved from the
> statistics menu to the file -> export menu.  The entry should have been
> removed from wireshark-tap-register.c by the makefiles automatically.
> Glad it's working for you now and thanks for the report.

Yes, I was also bitten by the problem but I found it rather quickly
(because nobody else complained I looked into it). It seems that this is
a bug/missing feature in autotools: While it can detect when you add a
new file to a list, it fails to notice the removal of a file from a
dependency list.

 Ciao
     Joerg