Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems in configuration

From: "Charles Lepple" <clepple@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 16:14:00 -0500
On 3/1/07, taraniteja.vishwanatha@xxxxxxxxx
<taraniteja.vishwanatha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have developed a plugin , tested it thoroughly and placed it in clearcase( configuration management tool).

When we checked out the wireshark directory  and tried to configure , it gave the following error:

configure: running /bin/sh './configure' --prefix=/home/eth/plugin_dev_vik/wireshark_executables '--prefix=/home/eth/plugin_dev_vik/wireshark_executables' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.

./configure: line 1175: config.log: Permission denied

You should probably remove config.log from ClearCase, since the
configure script will try to write to it every time you reconfigure
for building.

If a file is not checked into the main Wireshark SVN repository (and
it is not part of your plugin), you probably want to remove it from
ClearCase.

P.S.: Please don't post in HTML. Thanks.

--
- Charles Lepple