Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] U3 questions/remarks

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:34:01 -0500
Sorry, let me clarify my preference.  I don't mean for the binary
executable itself to include the version, but rather the desktop and
menu shortcuts would be sufficient enough for me.  On UN*X, I guess if
there are any symbolic links to the binary, then that might also be
useful as well.

The situation is a little more confusing for us (me) because I build
customized versions of Wireshark and differentiate it from the
off-the-shelf version by appending a suffix to the version via
VERSION_EXTRA in config.nmake.  Anyway, to know that the actual
customized version has been installed rather than the off-the-shelf
version, it would help us (me especially) to have the shortcuts named as
"Wireshark-VERSION_MAJOR.VERSION_MINOR.VERSION.MICRO.VERSION_EXTRA",
rather than simply "Wireshark".  Not a big deal though; I'm used to it
the way it is, but if others are also interested, then perhaps it could
be changed.

Thanks,
Chris