Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 20609: /trunk//trunk/:config.h.win32

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 03:27:58 +0100
Douglas Pratley wrote:
Hi Ulf

20614 builds for me. I haven't had a chance to look at it in any more
detail yet. If I get time I will try to test some of the invalid
configurations to see if the logic actually catches the invalid cases!
(I assume you can confirm that it works for the 2005 build).

I have a feeling that preprocessor is just being too tolerant, and that
we need to define some of these constants in the makefile calls.
Got it!

The C preprocessor only compares integers, but this was a string compare -> just don't work.

I've changed it, so a new MSC_VER_REQUIRED is automatically defined in config.nmake (depending on the MSVC_VARIANT) and is simply compared with the current value of _MSC_VER in config.h.win32.

I've tried several combinations and it seems to work ...

Regards, ULFL