Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 20609: /trunk/ /trunk/:config.h.win3

From: "Douglas Pratley" <Douglas.pratley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:24:22 -0000
The logic of this looks wrong to me in one sense - the message tells you
that your compiler is 14.00 when it is not (I'm still using 12.00). I
would have thought it should be reversed, so that given a compiler
number, it checks that the variant is one of the accepted values.

More importantly, I tried adding these lines:

#define WS_TO_STRING2(x) #x
#define WS_TO_STRING(x) WS_TO_STRING2(x)
#pragma message( "_MSC_VER: " WS_TO_STRING(_MSC_VER))
#pragma message( "MSVC_VARIANT: " WS_TO_STRING(MSVC_VARIANT) )

I then get:

_MSC_VER: 1200
MSVC_VARIANT: MSVC_VARIANT

I don't think that MSVC_VARIANT, or any of the constants it's being
compared against, are actually getting defined.

I can't see anything in config.nmake that would actually cause them to
be passed to the preprocessor. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Doug