Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems while displaying the digits in the packet

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:02:19 -0500

taraniteja.vishwanatha@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
proto_tree_add_string(tree, hf_xyz_imsi, tvb, (imsi_len/2 + 1), (imsi_len/2 + 1), digit_str);

[...]

When the above code snippet is executed, we are getting the following error:

Warn Dissector bug, protocol MACIC, in packet 1: proto.c:1859: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_STRING || hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ"

Well, what FT type is 'hf_xyz_imsi' in the hf[] array (probably in 'proto_register_macic()')? My guess is it's not an FT_STRING or FT_STRINGZ.