Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] alias problem

From: Miha Jemec <m.jemec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:31:35 +0100
Hi!

        If I have more alias IP addresses on one ethernet interface, the
        wireshark application gets into problem.

        I have latest official wireshark version 0.99.4 running on a
        high end server (Intel Core2 Duo with 12 GB of memory).

        I have 1016 alias addresses configured on one interface. When I
        press Capture->Start button it takes 55s to open next window and
        additional 20s to start capturing.

        And the Capture Dialog window doesn't display the IP addresses
        correctly. The window gets very wide and the addresses are
        overlapped (look the attachment).

        I think even if 1000+ alias IP addresses are not the most common
        configuration, this is still a bug?

        Regards, Miha